From: John Overman <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: RX-8 ignition coil failure
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 14:12:39 +0000 (UTC)
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Tracy,

If you do get your software fixed, I would still like to have my EC2
reprogramed for the LS1 coils.
John Overman

 Subject: [FlyRotary] Re: RX-8 ignition coil failure
 To: "Rotary motors in aircraft" <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
 Date: Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 5:53 AM

 I think I failed a total of 5
 Renesis coils on the Renesis engine and the 20B.  They were
 circa 2005 coils.  Don’t know if they ever improved so I
 don’t recommend them.  The LS-x coils D 585 coils seem
 pretty good but don’t go for the cheaper aftermarket
 ones.  I failed a couple of those too.  Mounting the coils
 in a cooler location helps.  I put mine in a box and ran
 cool air through it.  Make sure ambient air around coils
 does not exceed 130 F for best reliability.  If the current limiting
 resistor in the Lead Coil of 2nd gen 13Bs is
 replaced with a higher wattage resistor, the 2nd
 gen coils are probably the most reliable of any I’ve
 used.  If I can get my development
 system going again I can reprogram EC2/3s for any of the
 available coil options.  It quit working with Windows 10
 (dammit!)  Tracy  Sent from Mail
 for Windows 10