From: <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: eccentric (crank) case ventalation
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2017 13:41:51 -0400
To: <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
The little pipe for crank case breathing barely works in a street car averaging 2,200 RPM. Race cars are required to have a minimum of one quart container to recover spent crank case vapor and oil droplets, in order to keep oil off of the track surface.

The smaller the diameter of that pipe the higher the velocity of fumes exiting the case and the more likely that some oil will be carried away.

I use a piece of 5/8" electrical conduit in that position. This reduces the velocity of the gas flow and nearly stops oil loss at speed. The racer runs around trying to average 9,400 RPM. You will be trying to average 5,000 RPM. In both cases well above  the design performance of that little tube. Just feed that output into a pop can or similar during early testing to see if further thought is required.

Lynn E. Hanover