From: Todd Bartrim <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Permanent Magnet Backup Generator
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2017 02:31:48 -0700
To: FlyRotary <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Many years ago we discussed on the list various ways to implement backup electrical sources for our electrically dependent engines. A great amount of discussion was around permanent magnet type of generators.
   An idea was hatched and discussed, then forgotten. Except I didn't. Some years and a few sleepless nights later I set upon achieving this. Most of the work was done and reported to the list quite a few years back, but at that time I knew I had to set it aside for some time as I had other commitments.
  At last report I had finalized the mechanical aspect but had made no attempt to integrate it into the electrical system. I've now finalized this and yesterday ran the engine for the first time. Everything worked excellent! So far it seems to have been a tremendous success.
  So I have updated my word document of the procedures for this modification. Including a wiring diagram.
For your entertainment I've put it on Google Drive in Word format where it can be accessed at the following link