From: steve Izett <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Walbro Fuel Pumps
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2017 12:12:36 +0800
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Hi Guys

If you recall one pump was drawing a bunch more current yet not producing as much pressure at the rail.

I pulled the pumps GLS392’s from the Glasair today and tested then as far as current with no restriction.
The good pump was pulling just over 3amps and the faulty one had visibly less flow rate and was drawing 4.4amps.

As I was unscrewing the connectors of the faulty one I could see some kind of insect remains in the suction side of the pump.
I cleaned out a little more gunk but on testing was still the same so Ill bin it.
Not sure how and when this insect got into the system!
I filter all fuel going into the header tank before feeding the two pressure pumps and filtering before heading for the rail.

So which pump do I buy?:
GLS391 190LPH
or GLS393 155LPH

I’ll keep my original GLS392 as the backup pump.

Thanks guys

Steve Izett