From: Charlie England <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] RD1-c
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 12:31:00 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
On 3/22/2017 12:01 PM, ARGOLDMAN wrote:

Greetings all. I need a little advice, if you would be so kind.

I have a RD1-C, with the flex-plate rubber isolators, which I am currently marrying to the un-modified Renesis that I have just rebuilt.

Reading Paul's list, he was talking about replacing the 1/4" bolts (flat head screws) that hold the ring gear to the casing, with 5/16" bolts because he found them sheared in a unit that he disassembled (unknown was the power plant modifications that drove the reducer.)

What, if any are the recommendations to do this alteration?

Thanks in advance

Rich

Well first, continue to read Paul's list, but keep a large container of salt handy, with the aperture set to 'pour'.

Others may have better recall than I, but I'm pretty sure the drive in question was Mark Steitle's, running on a P ported 20B (3 rotor).

Charlie