From: Charlie England <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Boost Port Carb Efficiency
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2017 09:18:54 -0600
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>

On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 6:17 PM, durabol35@yahoo.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net> wrote:
I'm sorry I don't know why the formatting of my email was wonky.

I wasn't planning a tuned intake mainly because I don't need a lot of power
 (100hp for 1200lbs gross). I'm planning to have a red-line around 4000rpm/120hp
 with around 3300rpm/100hp static. One of the reasons for the low rpm is to keep
 the motorcycle chains happier.

Okay I now understand it is better to have a backup controller as opposed to two
 different controllers for each rotor. I suppose it would be pretty unlikely that
 one rotor would ever need to be shut down and if I have multiple throttles I
 could just throttle it back.

Okay I'll go with peripheral porting and not do some experimenting and "reinvent"
 the wheel. :)

Brock

Couple of thoughts. P-porting, while not difficult for a machinist, might not be the best 1st choice for the inexperienced since it's a major mod to the engine (same for trying to set up a turbo).
Second, if only 100 HP is expected and the engine will never run over 4000 rpm, a P-port could actually *hurt* output.

Oh, and one more thought. a 13B or Renesis really is too heavy for a 100 HP engine, unless you just don't care about managing weight. Most a/c designed for 100 HP are not designed for 300+ lbs of engine installation.

Hate to sound like a downer, but....

Charlie