From: David Leonard <Daveleonard@cox.net>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] Re: 13B - No start problem
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 22:00:47 -0800
To: 'Rotary motors in aircraft' <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>

I put gas in my tanks and ran fuel throught the system for the first
time today and discovered something that surprised me and may be causing
problems.  With the injectors connected to the main buss, when ever
there is power to the injectors they are OPEN!!!  This occurs even when
the EC2 does not have power.  As I was trying to adjust my fuel pressure
and check for leaks (there were only 4 ;-) I had about 10 min of pump
running time with the injectors open before I discovered the issue.  Now
I'm sure I have quite a puddle of fluid inside the intake and rotor
chambers.

If you are spending any amount of time running the pump without running
the engine, and there is power to the injectors, you may be flooding
everything.

Its not really a problem now that I know how it works, but I was just
expecting the injectors to be closed unless the e-shaft was turning.

And speaking of gas in the tanks.  I went to add oil and realized that I
never made a final decision with regard to ratio...  I finally chose
70:1 but know that some are going with 100:1.  Anyone have a more
definitive word?

David Leonard (hoping for first start attempt this weekend)
The Rotary Roster:
http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/rotaryroster/index.html

On