From: sqpilot@earthlink <sqpilot@earthlink.net>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: psru oil
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 12:51:48 -0500
To: <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Ed....you mentioned that you have an .035 restrictor in the line feeding
your PSRU.  I dropped off my -4AN to 1/8male pipe adapter to the welder, and
he is going to fill it with weld so I can drill the restrictor hole.  Next
question.  I can install this restrictor at either end of the hose....at the
oil filter housing end, or at the opposite end of the hose where it enters
the PSRU.  Would one be preferable over the other? If I install it at the
filter housing, the oil flow will be reduced before it even enters the .125
dia hose.  If I install it at the other end of the hose, the hose will get
full pressure until the restrictor, just as it enters the PSRU.  Hose life
shouldn't be a concern, as it is stainless braided.
      Last question....with such a small restriction, do the sun gears
merely get oil splashed on them, or does the PSRU actually fill with oil?
As always, I appreciate your guidance.  Paul Conner