From: Ed Anderson <eanderson@carolina.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Engine Tuning
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 23:32:29 -0400
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Right - that will happen.  Unless you are running boost you manifold pressure will be no higher (and generally 1/2" or so lower) than the ambient pressure.  At 8000 MSL that's generally around 21-22 inches Hg for me.  I generally cruise with WOT and adjust my mixture to give me the speed/fuel flow I want.
See my notes and comments to your fuel map - I think you may be running a bit rich in that region - at least compared to my fuel MAP

Ed

Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2011 8:42 PM
Subject: [FlyRotary] Re: Engine Tuning

Thinking on it a bit, I realized that what would probably happen at WOT when flying as opposed to a ground run, is that my mp is going to decrease from 29.1  to a somewhat lower value, since the RPMs will increase up to ~6800 or so, up from the 5200 at static WOT. So, I would be running at a lower MAP address than the 106 that I see at WOT static. So, should I not richen the MAP values BELOW 106, and a few adresses above it since I should see a little gain in mp due to the ram effect of my air scoop?

Brian Trubee