From: Al Gietzen <ALVentures@cox.net>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] Re: water pump housing
Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 10:49:29 -0800
To: 'Rotary motors in aircraft' <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>

Tom; et al,

The 12A front cover fits the 20B without modification; does have a bit different bolt pattern for the pan.  It allows some different pump choices and gives a lower profile than the stock cover.  I then went to the Mazda parts department and looked through parts lists at the exit necks (thermostat housing cover) for various models, and picked one with low profile.  I don’t know the model years of either the pump or the exit neck.

Don’t know that this meets your requirements – photos of my setup attached.

Al

P.S. Also note that the timing point on the 12A cover is not consistent with marks on 20B pulley.