From: Mark Steitle <msteitle@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: water pump housing
Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 11:42:40 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Kelly/Tom,

You are correct that the Renesis front cover can be made to fit on a 13B/20B, but the pan bolts are a different pattern which will require modification to your oil pan.  Also, the 20B front counterweight is larger than the Renesis causing the cover to interfere with the 20B's front counterweight.  Material will need to be milled out for the cover to fit, but in doing that, you will end up cutting through the cover which will require tig welding the holes.  Finally, the RX-8 front cover is heavier than the 13B/20B front cover with Renesis water pump.  Personally, I don't see an advantage to using the Renesis front cover.
Mark S.
(Been there, done that.)

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 11:11 AM, Kelly Troyer <keltro@att.net> wrote:
Tom,

    One additional thing comes to my mind...........I do not have a RX8 Renesis front side
housing (cast iron) but from all of my research of photos I am fairly confident that the
RX8 front housing (aluminum) will bolt directly to the 93-95 13BREW and Cosmo 13B
and 20B with some minor mods (to possibly clear bolt heads on the 20B front side hsg)
and the drilling and threading of 1 to 3 existing bosses for 8 mm x 1.25 studs or bolts..

Kelly Troyer
"DYKE DELTA JD2" (Eventually)

"13B ROTARY"_ Engine
"RWS"_RD1C/EC2/EM2