From: Jeff Whaley <jwhaley@datacast.com>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] Forced Landing ... muffler installations.
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 09:56:03 -0700
To: 'Rotary motors in aircraft' <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>

Hey Bobby, glad to hear you got down safely.  Having two alternate runways available was indeed a blessing … the 360 is not doable in most situations.

Like many others as you say, I too have a Hush Power II … mounted under the belly, aft of the firewall; there is probably 4 feet of pipe ahead of my muffler and 2 afterwards.  So far all inspections on my muffler have not revealed any loose material within … but I’m low-time 48 flight hours, maybe 55 hrs if you include ground-running.  Incidents like this do make a guy think.  I find my installation so loud as it is that I can’t imagine operating without a muffler …

Jeff

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5971 (20110321) __________

http://www.eset.com

This message, and the documents attached hereto, is intended only for the addressee and may contain privileged or confidential information. Any unauthorized disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately so that we may correct our internal records. Please then delete the original message. Thank you.