From: ben haas <stol83001@live.com>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] Re: cabin heat
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 18:09:56 -0700
To: <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
I put one of these,  1JA 943018,  in my experimental and it works great. Keeps the cabin @ 80 f when its below zero outside...... The defroster vents are what convinced me to use this one. Most of the other choices didn't have that option.    You can see my installation about 22 minutes into the video.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7272451917550730841&hl=en#

Ben Haas
www.haaspowerair.com

To: flyrotary@lancaironline.net
From: gregw@onestopdesign.biz
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 13:51:07 -0800
Subject: [FlyRotary] Re: cabin heat

Hey Kelley;
We are going with a small heater from J.C. Whitney, (Product Number: 12903G, or 1JA 943018, whichever fits) because they have defroster as well as regular forced air.  They are also small enough to go in the front of our avionics shelf, right up next to the firewall, so easy plumbing, 140 CFM, 12,000BTU's.  We will put a valve on both ends, in case of leaks though.  Not a good idea to have coolant running around the cockpit at 15K feet, that's why we ran ALL plumbing outside of the fuselage.
Greg Ward
Legacy N178RG 20b, still in progress