From: Kelly Troyer <keltro@att.net>
Subject: Re: Yikes...
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 20:05:07 -0800 (PST)
To: <DLOMHEIM@aol.com>
Cc: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Doug,
    Hopefully your engine was not turned or "banged around on" in the process of removing your pulley.........If
you have been lucky try this............Carefully wedge the flywheel end of the eccentric shaft toward the pulley
end of the engine without rotating the engine..........Then carefully slide a very narrow screwdriver between
the shaft and front seal until you feel the CAS gear (#7) and see if there is any movement toward the front
of the a/c..........With luck there will not have been any rearward movement of any of the parts pictured that
would have allowed the thrust brg spacer (#3) to move forward and allowed either thrust brg (#'s 2) to slip
from the center of the spacer and allow then to be trapped between either of the thrust races (#'s1&5) which
would allow them to be crushed when the pulley is torqued in place.................The spacer (#3) is available in
different widths and determines the important thrust brg clearance..............

  If you can detect any movement of this part stack toward the a/c front this calls for removal of the front cover
to re-stack all these parts unfortunately...............<:)

  Engine Front End Pieces

Kelly Troyer
"DYKE DELTA JD2" (Eventually)

"13B ROTARY"_ Engine