From: Russell Duffy <13brv3@bellsouth.net>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] RV3 time to climb record with a 13b
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 09:51:36 -0600
To: 'Rotary motors in aircraft' <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
>  BTW one of our long time subscribers holds the unofficial world
> record time to climb from a standing start. Allen Tolle was flying a
> 13B powered RV3 with the aid of nitrous oxide (approximately 350 HP)
> climbed to 3000 feet from a standing start in less than a minute.
>
> Paul Lamar
>
> Hey, Rusty....this was just on the ACRE site....thought you might get
> a chuckle or an inspiration from it.  Paul Conner.

I was able to sustain 2700 fpm with the rev-1 version, and 5 psi of boost.
Since I don't have a turbo now, or nitrous, or the ability to turn high
rpms, Allen's record is pretty safe.  Hmmm, maybe I should add some nitrous
nozzles to my new intake, just in case :-)

Rusty (not serious about the nitrous)