From: sqpilot@earthlink <sqpilot@earthlink.net>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: expansion tank
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 07:45:36 -0500
To: <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>

.  >>   >>
> In my opinion, the port near the top of the pump won't be high enough to
be
> effective for removing air. Just leave it plugged. Better an outlet on top
of
> the "water out" fitting that bolts to the top of the pump. The port at the
> bottom of the water inlet will work for the return line from the heater.
>
>Hi, Lynn....thanks so much for taking the time to explain the cooling
system. When I purchased my custom radiator from C&R Racing, the person I
spoke to in the engineering section said that I should use this port to send
water/antifreeze to the side inlet of my expansion tank. He said that I need
to use a connection point such as this, as there is always water
circulating, and it is beneath the thermostat.  If I made an inlet higher
up, which would be above the thermostat, I'm thinking that wouldn't work as
well?  He said that I could attach a hose to the bottom of my expansion tank
and connect to the lower hose section where my heater core fluid returns.
Does this sound correct to you?   Thanks again for your time and
information.  I guess I haven't totally grasped this yet.  P.S.  The only
radiator cap I will have is on the top of my expansion tank. I will fill the
system by removing the upper radiator hose, then fill the expansion tank,
run the engine, repeat, etc?   Thanks again. Paul Conner