From: Tracy Crook <tracy@rotaryaviation.com>
Sender: <rwstracy@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] my weber - dcoe52mm
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 07:27:11 -0400
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Welcome to the world of carb tuning.  Hopefully Ken or Lynn can point the way.  It took me 2 months of fiddling with the Mikunis to get them right but that info won't help on the Webbers.

Why 52mm? Have you been talking to Paul L?  Mighty big for an airplane motor.  YMMV

Tracy

On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 12:43 AM, kevin lane <n3773@comcast.net> wrote:
my engine runs, roughly, hard to start, but I can make it run.  stock jets are F7/180  and F8/65.  I'd guess these are running quite rich. [went thru the ˝ gallon of fuel really quickly, even tho' engine ran but a few minutes, max]  thought I'd ask the group before I start changing things.  ken welter said he'd help since he's been thru all of this before.
I also need to mix up a new batch of fuel.  guessed at the first, because I didn't have a way to measure ˝ oz. of oil to add to a ˝ gallon of gas , and probably put WAY too much in. still haven't gotten a timing light to check how my DIS is actually firing.

KevinLane Carpentry
www.KevinLaneCarpentry.com