From: Mike Wills <rv-4mike@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: first flight of the new year
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 19:05:59 -0800
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
A friend put his biplane on its nose about 2 months ago trying to land at Lake Wohlford - think I'll pass on that until I get a LOT more confidence landing this thing. My landings are still hit and miss. Have a whole string of decent ones and then just when I thing I have it figured out I'll have a pretty good bounce.

Yeah, I have a lot of flying to do.

Mike

Sent: Thursday, January 07, 2010 10:03 PM
Subject: [FlyRotary] Re: first flight of the new year

French Valley is outside my test area. So far I havent really flown anywhere but Borrego and back, but I'm going to start expanding that a little. The trip to Borrego is getting boring.

Mike

Boring??  You spent 10+ years building that thing and the flying is getting boring after only 20 or so hours???  :-)
Besides exploring that lean Cruise, you have some aerobatics to do.  After all, if not done during phase 1, you cant do them in phase 2.  Spins? Snap rolls? Not to mention loops, rolls and what-not.  Time to start exploring those lean settings, high altitude stuff, Vne testing.   Also there is a ton of cool stuff to check out in the desert and in the mountains on the way there.  Land at Agua Caliente, Fallbrook, Ramona, and even lake Wolford and Ocotillo Wells if you get brave.  Call me up and I will give you the intro to formation flying.

... but I know what you mean..  If your box is the same as mine, it is probably one of the largest and most diverse phase 1 boxes in the country..  yet I may still have pushed mine a little by flying north to 29 palms and east over the salton sea..

--
David Leonard

Turbo Rotary RV-6 N4VY
http://N4VY.RotaryRoster.net