From: Mike Wills <rv-4mike@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: first flight of the new year
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 19:02:29 -0800
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Actually that was a little tongue in cheek.

The reality is that to get to Borrego from Brown Field I have two choices. Either due east hugging the Mexican border over 40 miles of mountainous terrain with few landing options, or north east over mountainous terrain with slightly better options, but the north east route is under the Class B umbrella. I've been using the northeast route, bumping up against the Class B floor and nail biting the whole way.

Mike

Sent: Thursday, January 07, 2010 10:47 PM
Subject: [FlyRotary] Re: first flight of the new year

In a message dated 1/7/2010 7:47:44 PM Pacific Standard Time, rv-4mike@cox.net writes:
Dave (and Al),

 Thanks for the data points. I havent done any experimenting yet with lean of peak ops. My EGTs seem to be pretty well balanced with only a 10 - 20 degree spread max at cruise settings. So I should be pretty well set for LOP, just havent messed with it yet.

French Valley is outside my test area. So far I havent really flown anywhere but Borrego and back, but I'm going to start expanding that a little. The trip to Borrego is getting boring.

Mike
Mike,
The thing to remember is that in this case boring is good!
Bill Jepson