From: Kelly Troyer <keltro@att.net>
Subject: Lapping Housings
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 02:00:08 +0000
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Rino,
    Great photo..........I am getting ready to do same to my housings..........Two questions
come to my mind..........(1) What grit of lapping compound did you use (and approx how
much time per side) and (2) Is that a wooden plug the bearing is riding in ?.............
--
Kelly Troyer
"Dyke Delta"_13B ROTARY Engine

Ed,

Same observations here when I dumped my engine oil over the lake.  The O2 stopped working and the oil did not catch fire on the exhaust stack (Mobil 1, 10-30).  The question is does the O2 sensor have to be replaced?

The engine rebuilding is coming along.  Here is a photo of the iron laping technique suggested by Lynn, it worked.

Rino Lacombe