From: Jeff Whaley <jwhaley@datacast.com>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] Re: Vacuum System Regulation Basics
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 06:51:10 -0800
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>

Thanks Jim, but I don’t recall seeing a separate “suction” port on my instruments … it was 5-6 years ago, I’ll take another look.

Jeff

From: Jeff Whaley <jwhaley@datacast.com>
To: "Rotary motors in aircraft" <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Date: Thursday, November 26, 2009, 8:41 AM

That’s what I thought too … but spoke with a flight engineer AME last night and he says a 9” venture is minimum to run my 2 gauges AH and DG.

He says the high reading is due to the location of the suction gauge in relationship to the venturi and instruments … closest to venturi will give highest reading.

I need to take a good look at the plumbing to check/move location of the suction gauge.

Jeff