From: Jeff Whaley <jwhaley@datacast.com>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] Re: Cold Oil ... was Spark Plugs
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 12:55:32 -0700
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>

Hi Ryan, check following link for guidance … http://www.rotaryaviation.com/faq.html

General consensus is maximum oil temperature into engine, after oil cooler is 210F – this is to protect rotor oil seals.

Suggested maximum continuous operation <200F for both oil (inlet) and water (block) temperature.

My suggestion would be 160F to 190F for both as normal cruise operating temps.

JWW