From: Chris Barber <cbarber1@texasattorney.net>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] Re: Seepage, no more. Oil system
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 13:31:54 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Al,

Yes, the aluminum lines run down the left duct to in front of the canard bulkhead, so no lines are actually in the cabin.  I do not have an additional oil cooler plumbed in the engine compartment

I do know the system was plumbed in series, however, my ignorance prevents me from knowing why re-plumbing them in parallel would change things.  Does plumbing in parallel prevent the front cooler from being a restriction point since oil can flow past the front cooler while still filling it with hot oil for cabin heating??? Hmm, not sure how I would plumb this.

I understand why higher pressured hot oil in the cabin is not good, but as you and I know, the lines are not actually in the cabin.  The occupants are isolated, but I now wonder if it may just be better to use the front cooler for heating using water. That being said, it does not currently seem I need additional water cooling, but could use some more oil cooling ,thus a potential benefit of a front oil cooler.  Of course all of this is on the ground in a very hot environment....it may be fine at 100+ mph.  It is all speculation for now.

My mind is still trying to wrap my mind around the balance of what is "best", acceptable and no way in hell and all the shades of gray in between.

THANKS to all for allowing me to share and gain information.  I got some figerin' to do.

All the best,

Chris Barber
Houston