From: Dennis Haverlah <clouduster@austin.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Water spray for oil/radiator
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 08:58:30 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
I suspect the windshield wiper pump will not develop enough pressure to atomize the water completely.  They are low cost and will work but I believe you will use more water because some will still be in liquid form as it passes through the radiator.

Dennis H.

Dave wrote:

Whats wrong with using a windshield washer fluid bottle with integral pump? Self contained. Can use the automotive spray head too if you want.

Dennis Haverlah wrote:

Bill,

The test flight I made this summer was great.  I believe water spray for additional cooling during hot summer climb-out will work great.
I'm still looking for a good resonably priced water pump that will supply about 35 psi for my system.  The medical pumps only go to 13 psi.

Dennis H.

-- Homepage:  http://www.flyrotary.com/
Archive and UnSub:   http://mail.lancaironline.net:81/lists/flyrotary/List.html