From: Bobby J. Hughes <bhughes@qnsi.net>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] Re: Activity
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 06:35:18 -0600
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
George,

I have 800 cu in of water to air exchangers. No oil to air exchanger. At 6800 rpm \ 38" MP I'm producing close to 250 hp. But 15 hp is used to drive the SC. So about 3.2 cu in per HP. The new openings are about 72 sq in. The goal is to lower the water temps from 200F to 185F with an OAT of 100F. Oil is running 20F hotter than water. With the 21% ratio I was only able to maintain 185 HP and keep the oil temps below 220F \ OAT 95F. It all an experiment.

Bobby