From: Ed Anderson <eanderson@carolina.rr.com>
Subject: Report JOHN!!!! : [FlyRotary] Help for John Slade
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 22:51:25 -0400
To: 'Rotary motors in aircraft' <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>

Hey, John – congratulations on putting it down safely – great landing means the aircraft will fly again without repairs!

Probably no need to remind you {:>), but I will.  Given the clogged fuel filters, I would be very careful over the next few hours to religiously check the filters frequently to ensure no further collection of junk.

Now – for the important stuff – is my glider record still intact or do I send the trophy to you {:>)?

Glad you had a safe incident – gets your heart rate up a bit doesn’t it?  Please take the time to give the list a full report on the incident – we can all learn from it.

What was the first symptom?

What caused you to realize it was an urgent problem?

How long did you mess with the problem before turning toward an airport?

What did you try to isolate/identify the problem or was it obviously a fuel problem (I have had both fuel and electrical problem and thought both were fuel problems)

What finally made you decide you had to land?

What type of approach did you make?

And did you still have power during landing

Etc, etc in other words, all the gory details – as someone has mentioned - the list has been a bit quite of late

Best Regards