From: Jeff Whaley <jwhaley@datacast.com>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] Interested in cog-belt PRSUs?
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 07:43:46 -0700
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>

Hi Bernie, I used to have a Ford V6 with a Blanton Drive – there was no TV damper built into the 2:1 ratio drive.

Near the end of my V6 days I contacted a guy in British Columbia (Mike Hirshfield) about his V6 installation which was very successful – he was flying exclusively on floats and had a NOS system which boosted his rpm to 4800 on take-off – he claimed better performance than Cessna’s with 0-470’s. Anyway he had a set of drawings for his reduction drive – I couldn’t make sense of them – he said if I took them to any machine shop they would be able to make the necessary parts.

If you’re interested, I’ll dig them out and try to get you a copy.

Jeff