From: Mike Wills <rv-4mike@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Overvoltage ? [FlyRotary] Re: Modify Alternator for External Regulator
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2009 08:25:53 -0700
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Charlie,

Thanks for this perspective on the risk/benefit ratio of this particular mod. I too fly with an unmodified 1 wire alternator. Or at least I would if I were currently flying.

Our airplanes are complicated enough what with EFI, EI, microprocessors, etc., without adding to the complexity (and potential failure modes) by adding "protection" to guard against 1 in a million failures. At least thats my perspective.

Mike Wills
RV-4 N144MW

----- Original Message ----- From: "Charlie England" <ceengland@bellsouth.net>