From: Dale Rogers <dale.r@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] LESS frustrating couple of days/weeks.....
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2009 14:06:44 -0700
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Christopher Barber wrote:
I am still having some issues though....gee, go figure.  I still cannot seem to beat the oil leak coming from my oil filter.  I have tried three separate new filters.  I have checked the mount as the seepage is coming from the base and it appears true and flat....however, I must be missing something and will likely replace it to hopefully lick the concern.  Remember, if'n you can solve a problems with a check, it is not a problem, it is an expense <g>...it is only a problem if you can't afford the check.  I hope I order the right one from Summit Racing as not to have to reroute any systems.

One more possibility comes to mind - but, first, one question. Did it ever work without leaking?

One of the problems I had to deal with when machining my oil
filter mount
( http://members.cox.net/rogersda/Products.htm#oil005 )
was getting the center gallery as nearly square to the gasket
face as possible.  If the threaded tube that the filter screws
onto isn't square, part of the gasket won't compress as much
as the rest, and could leak.  The only way I know to check this
is to be able to see the junction between filter and mount
face, and verify that all parts of the gasket contact the face at
the same time.

Dale R.
COZY MkIV #0497