From: Tracy Crook <tracy@rotaryaviation.com>
Sender: <rwstracy@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] ECU manufacture and pin assignment
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 15:12:58 -0400
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Chris,  I'm guessing you have a non Renesis engine?
  The two different schematics and wiring lists in your guide are for the 2 different 13B options (2nd or 3rd Gen.)  Use the one appropriate to your engine.  (see notes in guide)

If you'll verify the engine type I'll email you the latest install guide.  I probably didn't send one last time because it was just a repair of 'blown serial interface incident' rather than an update of software.

Tracy

On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 9:18 PM, Chris Barber <cbarber@bellairepolice.com> wrote:
Wow, I am just full of questions of late...AND, to make matters worse, I finally signed up from my work email, so now I should be able to actually respond and think of new things as opposed to just reading the archives until I get to my home 'puter.  OH, the horror......

Anyway, this may be more specifically for Tracy, however, as I mentioned I am checking all my wires.  It is a bit easier now that I have some experience and a bit of a clue of what I a doing....a bit anyway, or so I hope.

I was reviewing the latest EC2 manual that Tracy sent with my repaired and updated unit back in 2008. It is dated 1-28-2008.  He did NOT send an updated manual with his latest repair and update that I received about a month ago.

I originally received my EC2 in about 2005, perhaps a little sooner, IIRC.  The newest manual I have shows TWO wire call out sheets.  One for 2005 and before and one for post 2006.  My question is, when Tracy updated my original unit did it also make it a POST 2006 box due to the update and thus I need to heed the wire call outs for the post 2006 units OR do I keep the original pin call outs for my initial box.   I do not know if the changes were hard wired only or software changes....or both.  Also, if the updates may have been hard wired stuff as well.

It appears from a side by side comparison that the biggest change, as noted on the top of the call out sheet as well as a side by side comparison, is the change in the Temp Sensor wiring.  Now, of course, if I had never sent my unit in (no, I am not smart enough to not have fried a couple of units first), I would of course know it was the pre 2005 way.  However, since I have, I am curious about the extent of updates.

TIA and before I redo some wire runs <g>

All the best,

Chris

Cpl. Christopher Barber, JD
Badge 330
Bellaire Police Department
5110 Jessamine
Bellaire, Texas 77401

713-668-0487
713-662-8289 fax

CBarber@BellairePolice.com

Warning: This e-mail transmission, and any documents, files or previous e-mails attached to it, may contain confidential information that is legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of any of the information contained in or attached to this transmission is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify us by telephone at 713-662-8132 and destroy the original transmission and its attachments without reading them. Thank you.