From: Tracy Crook <tracy@rotaryaviation.com>
Sender: <rwstracy@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Water temps
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 17:14:44 -0400
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
I use 265F which is the temp at which 50-50 coolant boils at normal system pressure.  Temp normally looks fairly close to the coolant temp but at the instant of coolant going low it goes higher VERY quickly unless the power is pulled way back.

Tracy

On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 2:39 PM, Bob White <bob@bob-white.com> wrote:
Hi Tracy,

What limit do you set for that temp, or what temp do you see when
water temp is at the limit?

Bob W.

On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 11:23:52 -0400
Tracy Crook <tracy@rotaryaviation.com> wrote:

> This is just an educated guess but to see if the critical engine temperature
> has been exceeded you might want to measure the temp of the rear rotor
> housing close to a sparkplug.  I use a thermocouple at the knock sensor boss
> to do this.
>
> Coolant temp at the pump housing is pretty useless for this since it depends
> on coolant to be circulating to measure.  Otherwise it is just measuring
> steam.
>
> Tracy Crook
>

> On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 10:57 PM, George Lendich <lendich@aanet.com.au>wrote:

<snip>