From: Mark Steitle <msteitle@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Sun & Fun Alternative Engine Winner
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 06:28:43 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Chris,

Glad to hear that you will be attending the first Central Texas Rotary Fly-In.  That would be great if you could bring your Mistral intake manifold.  I'll be bringing my collection of melted mufflers and a P-Ported rotor housing.  ;-)

Mark S.

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 8:29 PM, Christopher Barber <CBarber@texasattorney.net> wrote:
Good on ya Al, you being there is ONE of the reasons I am coming, come hell or high water (bad weather always a concern).  I have not seen you since the Velocity Symposium in "otsix" north of Big D and I have never seen your bird.  I am guessin' I will have "3rotar envy" <g>.  I think my 2 rotor will push my SE along nicely, especially if I succeed with the turbo.

I am currently waiting for Tracy to complete updates and I am sure a few repairs to my electronics that I sent him last week.  Hopefully it will be back well before the roundup and I can share some success stories....gee, wouldn't that be a change??????<g>

I am debating if I want to remove my Mistral Intake to lug along so others can see what Mistral is up to.  I think it may help others who are rolling their own. I am not sure yet if I am flying a rental or with a friend in his Bonanza or driving(....in fairness to this friend, he is building an RV7 with a soob/Engenfelder and says he would have purchased a Mistral if it would have been available at the time...he is a big rotary fan NOW<g>).

Also, this friend of mine, Blain, provides A/C systems for factory aircraft such as Quest, Moony, Cessna 300/400's etc.  He is now providing a systems for experimental and has provided two to Velocity, Inc for installation by the factory and delivered one to ME.  For those who may have questions about this, let me know.  No, except for Blain providing me my unit at a great price for R&D, I have no interest except an A/C that does not pull any significant HP from the engine is cooooooool (yes, pun intended).

I am getting all excited thinking about the trip.

All the best,

Chris
Velocity SE, w/13b turbo
Houston