From: Yvon Cournoyer <geryvon@videotron.ca>
Subject: 87 OCTANE MOGAS TEST (SOREL-TRACY, PROVINCE DE QUÉBEC, CANADA)
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 10:58:42 -0400
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>, Poberezny, Paul <saa.php@ameritech.net>, flyrotarywebsite <marv@lancair.net>, Fiset Raymond <rayfiset@videotron.ca>, DaSylva Pierre <dasylva@sympatico.ca>, Cournoyer Alain <alaincournoyer@sympatico.ca>, ACRE <rotaryeng@earthlink.net>

   Yesterday I went to the Sorel airport and tested the fuel in my Zenith 90 liters tank.

   This fuel already contains two stroke oil in the ratio of 1:130 per volume.

In a cylindrical ungraduated container I poured 25 ml of tap water and added 200 ml of fuel

After  1 hour and several vigourous shakings I observed an increase in the volume of water to 40 ml

The increase is about 4% (?)

All quantities are approximate.

Since I began running and flying my 1986 Mazda 13B engine, I have tested in flight all grades of mogas and also 100LL avgas. I would wait until my fuel level was very low and would fill my tank with the différent grade. Never detected a change in the performance of my engine. The only times I drew water from my fuel tank was when it was filled with 100LL avgas.

Yvon Cournoyer.