From: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: More on Need quick help ...
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 23:34:26 -0500
To: <flyrotary>
Posted for Dale Rogers <rogersda@cox.net>:

Hi All,

   Well, the urgency has dropped back a little.  I looked at the car and they've already been pulling parts from the engine.  One coil pair is missing; the wires to the crank angle sensor have been cut, and whatever it plugged into has been removed.  I don't know enough to know what else might be missing.  I know that - in the long run - things like the stock ignition system won't matter, because I'll be using RWS parts and individual coils.  However, I want to start it as a static stand to test some ideas I have, I want an engine that will run with minimal extra purchases.

Still looking for information that will help me make a decision on the unit.

OBTW, it is an '87 NA, does that mean it's a 6-port?

ADVthanksANCE,
Dale R.

    I know this is a long-shot - because I'll need an answer from whoever is on-line with the list now - but I just found a place that has three RX-7s - a pre-'86, an '87 and a post-'89.  I can get the 87 engine (complete with ECU, he says) for $350 USD.  I didn't ask a price for the newer unit.

    Is there anything in particular that would make the post-'89 more useful than the '87?