From: Eric Ruttan <ericruttan@chartermi.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Murphy's law of precautionary landings
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 10:51:57 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
A little light reading about breakers

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, November 09, 2003 9:29 PM

Paul,

I agree with your thinking exactly.  This is the same basic setup that Van's shows on their plans.  I will always opt for a CB unless the circuit is a totally useless one, like the MP3 player!

I have been using a 60 AMP circuit breaker on my stock Mazda 70-AMP alternator.  My regulator is modified to shutdown if the "ign" lead is shut off by the panel switch or the overvoltage protector on the EXP Buss from Control Vision.  Knock on wood, but this has worked as advertised for 230 hours.

Bill Eslick