From: Perry Casson <pcasson@sasktel.net>
Subject: Re: Cold weather starts
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 08:46:53 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
As far as cold weather starts in my 88 RX7, that was my "Ottawa" car so a
 cold morning there might get as bad as -25C and starting it was never a
 problem without any special procedures.  The car is at home in Regina now
 where it gets real cold but I'm not planning to drive it this winter so
it's
 tucked away in the garage.

 I spoke to Jim Mosur about cold weather operations while at Tracy's last
 month and he says each time you enable an injector bank they squirt a bit
of
 fuel so he toggles those switches a few times as a primer along with the
 cold start switch to get fired when it's very cold.  He also mentioned
 something about some experimental "Cold Operations" firmware from Tracy he
 has but I'm not sure if he has even installed it yet.  Currently I'm
sorting
 through a problem getting the EC2 to run lean enough with the latest
 firmware from Tracy so my extra rich mixture is starting fine in -5C
weather
 without even using the cold start switch.  Glad you raised this as I also
 plan to fly any reasonable flying day all winter.

 Perry Casson