From: Tracy Crook <tracy@rotaryaviation.com>
Sender: <rwstracy@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Pre-mix
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 10:36:28 -0400
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
At home I use a Measure-rite cup with easy to read ounce graduations and ratio marks, pour the oil in cans prior to filling with fuel.

On the road I use small bottles like Ed uses or one of those measuring funnels with a hose and twist valve at the base if carrying oil in a single big can.  Open the valve with the hose in the tank while the line man puts in the gas for a good mix.  The hose slobbers oil for awhile after this so I wrap it in a rag to stow it afterward. 1 oz per gallon on 2nd & 3rd gen engines, 1/2 to 3/4 oz per gal on Renesis.

Tracy

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 12:10 AM, <WRJJRS@aol.com> wrote:
In a message dated 4/14/2008 7:06:19 AM Pacific Standard Time, ALVentures@cox.net writes:

For those of you flying using 2-stroke pre-mix; what suggestions can you offer for easy and clean ways of dealing with the handling/measuring mixing the 2—stroke oil.

Al (Expecting to get the plane back in the air this week with it's added oil/water H. E.)

Al, For the racing RX-3 sedan we just poured direct from the bottle into the tank. The bottles are usually marked in ounces externally. Running RedLine 2 stroke synthetic we mixed about 120-140:1. You really don't have to have it anywhere near perfect. One caution; resist the temptation to mix over rich. It really doesn't help, and the oil burns hotter than gas so keep it lean. Very little oil in the fuel will be fine.
Bill Jepson

It's Tax Time! Get tips, forms and advice on AOL Money & Finance.