From: bob.kaufmann <bob.kaufmann@cox.net>
Subject: Intake pipes for 20B
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 17:08:15 -0800
To: 'Rotary motors in aircraft' <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>

When making a straight tube, bell mouthed for the 20B what would you all suggest as the ID for the pipe, I am thinking 1.46Inches.  Would that work for both primary and secondary pipes.  That would give me 6 pipes 12 inches long.  I also want to know where is the optimal place to put the injectors for the three that are not in the block?

I see from the photos of Tracy’s 20B that the injectors are as close to the block as possible.

Bob K

RV-10 90/90

Wiring the panel, doing the fiberglass and trying not to be in a hurry.

From: "Ed Anderson" <eanderson@carolina.rr.com>

Sorry, we won't see you this time around, Ken.  But AR is a bit out of the way {:>)

Ed

From: "Ed Anderson" <eanderson@carolina.rr.com>

Well, I had hoped to be at Shady Bend at the Rotary round up by this time.  But, the Wx has not cooperated.  Don't get me wrong, we badly needed the rain, it had not rain in 3 months - but, would have been nice if it could have picked some other week out of the 3 months {:>).

20 miles to the west its 10,000 foot ceilings, here its 700 foot, been that way all day with the rain showers running a line almost straight South - North.  Looks like may have to wait until Saturday - boo-hoo.

Sorry guys, just needing my rotary fix - certainly can't begrudge the rain.

Ed