From: Haywire <haywire@telus.net>
Subject: EWP series pumps & flowmeter
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 23:10:02 -0700
To: flyrotary <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Hey Guy's;
    Tonight I installed the original EWP in a series configuration, as it was way too windy (30Kts) for me to fly. I didn't even take it outside to test run it as it started raining about the time I was finished, so these preliminary flowrates are with the pumps running on battery voltage only and non-pressurized, which usually has about a 25% lower flow rate than with system voltage at 14vdc and system pressurized.
    With either of the pumps running and the other off I found that flow rates were approx 20% less. With both pumps running flow rate was about 25% increased. Tomorrow I'll try to get up for a flight to get some real data, however high winds are forecast to continue through to next week. I'll at the very least just take it out and run it up on the apron.
    My guestimation is that during cruise flight, one pump will continue to handle the load, however due to the restriction at full flow I may now require both pumps to maintain the same level of cooling that I required previously during full power climbs. However with both pumps running I should have plenty of reserve cooling, assuming that my coolers are not at their capacity.
    I have some pics to send, but I can't get Photoshop to run properly to reduce the image size so I can mail them. It's too late to reload the software now, I gotta go to bed. I'll try to send 'em tomorrow

S. Todd Bartrim
Turbo 13B RV-9Endurance
C-FSTB
http://www3.telus.net/haywire/RV-9/C-FSTB.htm

   "Whatever you vividly imagine, Ardently desire, Sincerely believe in, Enthusiastically act upon, Must inevitably come to pass".