From: Ed Anderson <eanderson@carolina.rr.com>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: boost
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 18:56:49 -0400
To: <flyrotary>
[FlyRotary] Re: boost
-----  may look into is an Airdyne, it has its own oiling and doesn't require oil from the engine.
 I use these on snowmobiles as they have no oil.
 Another advantage of these is that in the event of a turbo bearing or seal failure it would not drain your crank case.

 Ken Welter

Ken, is this the same one as the "areocharger" turbo that uses a housing you fill with turbin oil?  No oil lines, no coolant lines and I believe it has a variable turbin flow mechanism that provides gobs of boost at low rpm.  I checked into that as it sounded idea for an aircraft, but was told they didn't recommend it for a rotary.  Would be interested if anyone has actually put one on a rotary (airplane, car or boat).

Ed Anderson