From: david mccandless <daval@iprimus.com.au>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Carbs
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 03:22:56 +0800
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>

On 20, Jul , at 3:53 PM, George Lendich wrote:

Bill /Lynn/ David.
I had a look at the Revmaster Revflow Injector carb, flat slide throttle- anything wrong with this unit?
George ( down under)

G, L , B, int al
the Revmaster is a fine piece, but they were engineered for VW based engines; so the biggest size available is 40mm. When fitted to the Jabiru 6,
the engine puts out 4-5hp more than with the Bing CD; about 127 hp@ 3300. We spoke to Jab about this and they were non committal in that they
said; "maybe so, but since the engine spends most of its life at 2700-2800, why mess with the proven Bing CD?" I had no answer to this common sense!
IIRC, the Revmaster requires about 2 psi fuel head, I have seen applications on high wing airplanes with no fuel pump, and low wing jobs
with Facet pumps and Holley pressure regulators. This makes a good airbatic system, a friend uses it on a BD5. (Honda Accura)
I thought about using the 45/48mm Mikuni flat slide carb and replacing the float bowl with a Revmaster type metering unit and thereby
ending up with a low pressure FI. With Lynn's inlet tube ideas it seems easy to build for a Pport. Not unlike what Paul L is doing with his LP slide throttle injection; I like the simple leaning function by varying the fuel pressure. Paul expects to test it soon with RX8 housings and Pports.
So many good ideas, and still no airplane, only parts!
Dave McC