From: Bulent Aliev <atlasyts@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Buly EC2 Repair (beginning to understand the problem)
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 17:51:39 -0400
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Thanks Tracy. I sent it because had a feeling that there could be a problem also. It was modified since the canopy was pushing down on the connector.
Buly

On Jun 22, 2007, at 10:38 AM, Tracy crook wrote:

Buly,
I was preparing to ship your EC2 & EM2 back after repairs when I noticed the EC2 control panel in the bottom of the box you sent.   I normally don't need this when repairing EC2s but yours turned out to be an exception.  I noticed what I thought to be more shipping damage.  The connector was bent down at a considerable angle.  On closer observation it was apparent that this was an intentional modification as the solder connections had been reheated and the connector solder pins bent down while pulling them  out of the board.  The solder connections had been re-soldered.   During this process a couple of the connections were broken.  This caused several of the programming modes to be disabled and even worse, the Mode selected on the thumbwheel switch was not always what was actually being programmed.   To say the least, this is a formula for disaster.

Don't do this to my babies!  If it won't fit in the location you are trying to fit it in, find another location or modify the location, NOT THE EC2!

I'll try to get this fixed before leaving next Tuesday but it'll be close.  No promises though.

Tracy

--
Homepage:  http://www.flyrotary.com/
Archive and UnSub:   http://mail.lancaironline.net:81/lists/flyrotary/List.html