From: <wrjjrs@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: New lurker on the list
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 11:58:46 -0400
To: <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Shane, Unless you plan to fly very conservatively, you will need to replace the stock turbo. Or as a few people have done get the unit modified to prevent overspeeding at high altitude. Several guys flying with the stack turbo have even REMOVED the waste gate valve entirely, (that's right just the holes), and they still have overspeeding and breakage. Typically the turbine self destructs and you lose boost but the plane is still flyable fortunately. Check the archives for some of the mods done to the stock turbo for aircraft longevity.
Bill Jepson