From: Richard Sohn <unicorn@gdsys.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Single rotor video
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 13:39:24 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Message

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, June 04, 2007 11:12 AM
Subject: [FlyRotary] Re: Single rotor video

BTW, to make everyone feel better, my EC-2 is doing something I haven't been able to explain either.  I have to run with cold start on to have enough fuel to run, which would imply that I'm only getting half the fuel I'm supposed to get with it off.  I'm sure I've goofed something up, and I haven't really taken the time to figure it out yet, but I do have a small Holley carb on the way to test as well :-)

Rusty

Hi Rusty,

here is my two cennts. I do not believe that what you see on your video has anything to do with the way the engine is running. What you described about the prop tips is what every prop does, more or less, unless you run it in a wind tunnel with absolute stright airflow. What you are seeing is what makes one prop run smoother than another. The more flexible a prop is, the smoother it feels. This is why composite props generally feel smoother than wood or metal ones.
Just want to give you some caution about the interpretation of the video.
Unfortunately, I can not see it over my telephone line.

Richard Sohn
N2071U
(Will be testing with gear box and prop soon.)

Checked by AVG Free Edition.