From: MICHAEL SILVIUS <M.Silvius@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: engine mount mockup
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 11:53:29 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Here is my engine mount mock up.
I am using 3/8 6061 for the engine plate. The round pipes are PVC for mock
up purposes and to learn what the angles and cuts will look like. All of the
lower braces result in a birds mouth type joint where they meet the square
bed tubes. The square bed tubes are 1 inch .049 4130. I have some round .064
1 inch 4130 for the brace tubes. Finish weight on mount calculated at aprox
18 lbs.

I am using 1&1/2x1/8 inch angle iron for the firewall attach with 2, 3/8
bolts in each as per Falconar/Jodel design. A 3/8 piece of conveyor belt
rubber between the angle brackets and firewall as Max Lassacher did on his
F12 seen recently at S&F.

Critiques, comments, ideas and jokes are welcome.

Michael Silvius
Scarborough, Maine