From: MICHAEL SILVIUS <M.Silvius@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: re: intake manifold
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 10:54:58 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Cc: <tonyslongez@cox.net>
Tony wrote:
Is anyone using Mistrals intake manifold?

This whole manifold thing is making me F%#$@ CRAZY.
Honestly I'm haveing a hard time with this thing, does anyone have any clue
as to where I can find a manifold that will bolt to my motor that doesn't
cost  $1200. I swear!! if it's the last thing I do I'm going to find a way
to produce a bolt up manifold.

How are we coming off of the oval primary port into a 2.5 or 2.0in tube?

 I am completing a Falconar F12. I will be using a 1988 13b and will be
doing the side draft Mikuni carbs as Tracy did early on. Like most I am on a
tight budget. Here is my solution to transitioning from the two smaller
round intake to the larger ones to fit the carb. As you see I used the 1/2
inch thickness of the aluminum plate intake flange to get creative with a
Dremmel tool. I brazed the intake tubes on with Alumaweld. I think a similar
thing could be done for the oval intakes.

Michael Silvius
Scarbrough, Maine
more photos at
http://rides.webshots.com/album/147451245dhnmgI