From: david mccandless <daval@iprimus.com.au>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Engine choise for BD-4 (changed from "Hard Landing ")
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 10:28:18 +0900
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Hi Thomas,
I have a Stinson Voyager and I overhauled the gear legs a few years back. I can recommend them as a sturdy unit, very reliable; they were used on the L5 Sentinel in the USMC. The shock unit is similar to the rear shock on a Harley, the spring can be reset, thinner oil used or the ports drilled out to make them more compliant (softer). I would suggest that you get the legs from a later 108-2 or -3 and verify that they are for Cleveland brakes as the earlier brake parts are hard to source. Maybe get wheels and brakes all together with gear legs. The shock units have sealing rings similar to piston rings and rings from Jap motorcycles have been used sucessfully. The legs are readily available; try Gary Guptill, MN, 218 393 9234, or Ed Fleck in CA , 956 882 320, or, edfleck@prodigy.net
Hope this helps,
BR, Dave McC

On 7, Mar , at 8:21 AM, Thomas Jakits wrote:

Lynn,

got any links to look at the "Stinson"

Thomas