From: al p wick <alwick@juno.com>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: alcohol in fuel
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 13:28:08 -0800
To: <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
The ratio info I got from both Gary Hunter and personal experience. In general, ratios near 50/50 are not as chemical resistant. But I know nothing about EZ poxy directly.

-al

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 08:18:16 -0800 "Al Gietzen" <ALVentures@cox.net> writes:

Al W wrote:

After flying for six years, finally removed and disassembled my glass and

foam header tank. During those six years I periodically used ethanol fuel

and whatever. Always used auto fuel.  No evidence of degradation of any

component....soft aluminum, foam, epoxy. All looks perfect.

That’s good news.

Just a reminder, all epoxy that is fuel exposed must be high ratio type.

Like 4 to 1.   50/50 ratio epoxies can NOT handle “fuel” over time.

That’s bad news.  Should I conclude from this that EZ-poxy (44-56 by weight) will NOT handle fuel with ethanol?  I assume when you say “fuel” you mean fuel with ethanol, since experience has shown that EZ-poxy has handled auto fuel for periods of 15 years in some EZs.

Al G

-al wick
Cozy IV powered by Turbo Subaru 3.0R with variable valve lift and cam timing.
Artificial intelligence in cockpit, N9032U 240+ hours from Portland, Oregon
Glass panel design, Subaru install, Prop construct, Risk assessment info:
http://www.maddyhome.com/canardpages/pages/alwick/index.html