From: Todd Bartrim <bartrim@gmail.com>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] Heater Core Recommendation
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 11:18:21 -0800
To: 'Rotary motors in aircraft' <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>

> Is there a heater core out there which would fit this need?
>
> Thx...
> -Scott

Hi Scott;
I went to an autowrecker that specialized in import vehicles (they
have smaller, cuter heater cores compared to domestic) and searched through
many available. I found several older copper cores which while they were a
perfect fit, they failed a leak test. I ended up with a newer aluminum core
from a BMW, IIRC.
If you have access to a good TIG welder and learn how to weld
aluminum you can easily modify the ports to suit your needs. If you choose a
copper core then you can easily braze it with solder.

S. Todd Bartrim
C-FSTB
Turbo13B RV9
http://www3.telus.net/haywire/RV-9/C-FSTB.htm