From: Scott <squiggles@yahoo.com>
Subject: EM2: EGT and CHT lead splicing
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 06:09:10 -0800 (PST)
To: <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
The EM2 documentation states:

"If you can tolerate a few degrees inaccuracy in a NON
CRITICAL APPLICATION, plain old copper wire can be
used once past the firewall, but we recommend that all
extensions should use the proper wire in aircraft
applications."  Where "proper wire" is proper
thermocouple wire for the sensor being wired.

The EGT and CHT thermocouples I have have leads that
come close to reaching the firewall, but not quite.
The thermocouple leads have a bullet end and if it is
unwise to use a dissimilar metal between the
thermocouple and the EM2, then a simple crimp butt
connector is not recommended.  Is there a female
connector end that Mouser or Digi-key has?

If there isn't a connector readily available, are
there suggestions for how the thermocouple wires
should be spliced?

Additionally, has anyone purchased/used Bob Whites
EM2-p1 harness to splice into store bought EGT and CHT
sensors?

Thx...
-Scott